• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 22, 2020

    The Crew Yeah, I meant to do that.

    The Crew Yeah, I meant to do that.


    Yeah, I meant to do that.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:18 PM PST

    Shelby��

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 04:52 AM PST

    American Monster

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:46 AM PST

    Advan Racing

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 05:12 AM PST

    ��Lunar New Year��

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 07:53 AM PST

    My Crew 2 experience as as new player

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:34 AM PST

    Hello All!

    A quick little backstory. I picked up The Crew 2 recently on a whim as I've been on a racing game obsession after picking up a Logitech G29 about a month ago. I've been game hopping between all available titles for PC and PS4, so I've spent time with FH4, NFS Heat, iRacing, ACC, etc.

    I didn't expect much after picking it up. In fact, I downloaded the trial first expecting to immediately hate the game. I had tried out The Crew way back when it first launched and was not impressed for whatever reasons I had back then.

    What I found was quite amazing actually. I haven't experienced this much fun playing a racing game since.....well, maybe Burnout? I know, apples to oranges, but on the fun factor scale it's up there. So without further ado, here's a quick breakdown of categories that I feel left the most impression on me, and my possible suggestions.

    1.) Car Handling

    The Crew 2 immediately struck me as pure arcade handling. Not quite on the level of Need for Speed, but still more than even the Forza Horizon series. But this isn't a bad thing if that's what the developers were aiming for! After some adjusting, I found myself having fun.

    If I had one suggestion to the team, it's to adjust it a little bit more in the realism side. The weight of the vehicles in particular is something that could use some work. I'm also pretty disappointed with the gravity of objects in the world. When I take a ramp and my vehicle plummets to the ground immediately, it removes some fun out of the experience. I especially wish this was more present in the motorcross areas.....I got flashbacks of Excitebike 64 in those races, but was pretty disappointed when I didn't get as much air as I was hoping.

    2.) Vehicle Types

    I'm probably in the minority for this, but I actually LOVE the different disciplines and their vehicles. It is absolutely thrilling to be able to switch between cars, planes, and boats on the fly. I haven't played a game like this since Diddy Kong Racing, and I feel it's a strength of the game. During one of the boat races, for example, navigating a neon lit cavern reminded me heavily of Diddy Kong Racing and it made me giddy with glee.

    I want more of these unique races, especially the Live events that allow for multiple vehicles during the race. Taking some risks and providing some cool tracks and courses, even if slightly bordering non-realism, would play to the games strengths I feel. Some variety (plane vs. boat vs. airplane) might also be nice, though hard to balance.

    I feel that it's in these moments that The Crew 2 really displays something that no other racing game can provide. The sheer joy of cruising for 15 minutes down the highway in a motorbike then going offroad in a dirt bike and finally switching to a plane to take to the skies is unmatched.

    On that note, I want to praise the developers for including cockpit views for ALL vehicles. I LOVE being able to have a cockpit view in planes, in cars, in boats, and ESPECIALLY on the bikes.

    3.) Map

    I'm obviously not alone in this, but the map is amazing in this game and provides freedom no other game can match. FH4 is the closest and even that feels cramped by comparison. Taking a road trip and experiencing deserts, forests, and mountains all in one go? Absolutely amazing.

    I firmly believe the developers should keep this map and improve on it for the future. There's so much real estate available for races, housing, and other content that it's almost a waste of development resources to scrap it just for a new map.

    4.) Suggestions for content

    I'll list a brief summary as well as additional content that I wouldn't mind seeing to keep it easy to read.

    • More variety in race types
      • Plane vs. Boat vs. Car
      • Track variety (take some risks with design, e.g. one moment you're in a crazy looking cavern, only to pop out over a waterfall, and take a white water rapids journey)
    • Tweak the car handling a bit more in the realism direction. Fix gravity so that the vehicles don't plummet immediately after jumps. Motorcross especially would benefit from this, seriously.
    • Allow for more multiplayer immersion. If I'm driving through the world, and players are participating in a race nearby, make it so I can see the vehicles (A.I. included) driving on the track and in the world. Need for Speed Heat did this recently and personally I feel it's an amazing feeling to have the world alive around you.
      • To further this point, create more ways to encourage random coop and teamplay. Seriously, the BEST feeling in this game at the moment is you coming across a random player on your joyride and then you both just.....click, and take off on a journey together.
    • Allow the ability to get out of the vehicles and traverse on foot. This is purely for immersion. You already have this ability in the headquarters. Let me stop my vehicle on the side of the road and walk through the city.
    • More housing. Yes, the houses are mostly pointless, but if you spread housing opportunities across the map, imagine being able to physically walk into your garage and house, and physically walk out, hop in your vehicle, and take off? This ties into my bulletin point above. And no, I'm not trying to make this into Grand Theft Auto. I don't want weapons or any of those griefing capabilities.

    EDIT: I forgot to mention one key thing. THE SOUNDTRACK. Simply amazing work. The sheer number of songs is amazing, and the choices are quality. Very nice work with this.

    submitted by /u/ChronoGuru
    [link] [comments]

    R34 drifting in the rain.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:19 PM PST

    Mustang GT��

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:24 AM PST

    Bronze Sunset

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:55 PM PST

    This is my Golden Gem. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 11:33 AM PST

    Jumping Around

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:55 PM PST

    Next Week's Summit The Magic City Will Introduce a New Alpha GP Event!!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Finally a new Alpha GP race to the Alpha GP discipline after a year and so since the last update to the discipline and will be Titled Miami Beach...

    submitted by /u/Aviddgamer2019
    [link] [comments]

    Screen shot it took

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:42 PM PST

    My best pic

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:41 PM PST

    Don’t know how this happened but oh well

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:01 AM PST

    Pagani Huayra ��

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:22 PM PST

    Giulia ��

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:13 AM PST

    Did a sort of coast to coast with some friends on a livestream, hope y'all enjoy. :)

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:52 PM PST

    Gassing up outside Niagara Falls and going drive down to Las Angeles .

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 10:04 AM PST

    "Unheard Of"

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 04:44 AM PST

    Alpine Wheelie

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 09:58 PM PST

    Need People interested in some photoshoots. Ps4✔️

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 09:41 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment